THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES

Can You See The Man In The Mirror?


I still can’t seem to get over the tragic death of pop sensation Michael Jackson. As a long time humanitarian, and his philanthropic efforts, I can confidently say that he is remembered not only for his music but also his passion and love for people in despair and the environment. I’m pretty sure everyone can sing their favorite MJ song, and of course I think my favorite is the BEST!

Man in the Mirror! I LOVE THAT SONG! “I’m going to make a change for once in my life. It's going to feel real good, gonna make a difference, gonna make It right. As I turn up the collar on my favorite winter coat, this wind is blowing my mind. See the kids on the street; not enough to eat. WHO AM I TO BE BLIND PRETENDING NOT TO SEE THEIR NEED”…

I have officially made that song my life mantra. It speaks to the heart of many people in the world deeply. When is the last time you took a deep look in the mirror? Sure you might say this morning, but I mean the other mirror. The mirror that shows you the reflection of your soul. The mirror that tells you not only who you are but also the person you want to be.

“I’ve been the victim of a selfish kind of love its time that I realize. There are some with no home not a nickel to loan….” Key word in this verse is SELFISH! Can we go back to the mirror again? Look deep… Is it showing you that now is the time to share that selfish love?

I can go on and on dissecting this song, but my reason for all this is of course to get you to want to make the world a better place! YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD! Change and giving doesn’t always equal money. So as usual I challenge you to find a way to make a change. Let me know what you come up with….
God willing talk to you soon.
Chanita

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact