THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES

My Beautiful Daughter



Okay so I'm on my 2nd child out of wedlock and inside I'm not so happy about it. I mean she nor her brother were accidents since their father and I planned my pregnancies but reality can set in and hit you like a ton of bricks. 10 months after our son was born he wants me to get pregnant as his Christmas gift. I'm thinking I'm getting off easy because I had the hardest time buying this guy gifts; he had everything and I just adored my son and knew I'd be fine with a 2nd child. So it's the night before Halloween and I'm in labor with baby #2. I was upset and tried to fight the pain because I didn't want my baby born on October 31st but she was ready. Another 9 pound 21 1/2 inch long skinny baby came out of me. She was beautiful but something was wrong. I heard another pop again I felt no pain but I was sure I wasn't crazy. So the nurses clean her up, my cousin cuts her umbilical cord since her dad was too chicken to do it and they bring her to me for a feeding. My baby was crying out in pain and I'm asking my midwife what's wrong with her. Every time I pressed her left side up against my body she would scream. So they take her and lay her back on the table for a closer examination and find the problem. She had broken her left clavicle and there wasn't much they could do about it. I'm upset because I feel like it's my fault and of course everyone is trying to dumb it down. It's just her collar bone and it'll heal within 4 months. I had to sling Reigan's arm all day to minimize the movement, take her for x-rays to make sure there was no permanent damage and the whole ordeal was a bit much. She's in great shape now and there are no side effects of the break thank God! Today Reigan is so tall and skinny; I was always short but skinny just like her, almost as tall as her brother and so beautiful I promise she's my female twin.

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact