THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES

My 3rd Child Looks Just Like Her Dad



Reiganna was born September 1st because I made my midwife induce me on my due date. I did not want to carry her another day. I had been in so much pain the entire pregnancy. I felt like my pelvic bones would break any day. Simple tasks like climbing into my tub were chores because I thought there was nothing I could do about the pain. Walking wasn't so bad then until I slipped down our front stairs while 7 months and miserable. I didn't think I hurt myself much, my left but cheek was bruised because I managed to slide down 5 of the steps on my behind, I don't think I had a scratch anywhere but there was more pain. Another day I slipped on some baby oil someone had spilled a few drops of on my bedroom floor. One leg went one way the other went the other way and that mess really hurt! I had to soak in the tub that night because my pain was excruciating but I was hurting on the inside. Was someone trying to take me out or was I just clumsy? Granted my belly was so big that it had been ages since I saw my feet but damn what was next? Fast forward to my delivery day, my midwife is doing what she can to make me comfortable, hot showers, soaking in the tub and sitting on the ball but I'm just ready for it to be over. This birth was so much harder than the other two. I don't think I was prepared mentally for this one because there was so much going on in my life. But this birth was TOUGH! I didn't make a sound pushing out my son, not one and had not gotten any pain meds with any of them but I was begging for them this time at one point I was crying. I was tired, hurting physically and mentally and ready for it to be over. Of course my midwife refused and I had to bare that pain and push her out and yet again she was broken. After weighing in at 8lbs 15oz and measuring 21 1/4 inches she was cleaned up I was given my baby to feed. Again she was screaming from pain on her left side. Since I knew what I was looking for I laid her down and checked her collar bone and sure enough it was broken on the same side her sisters had broken 2 years before. So it's clear to me that my fat son altered my birth canal and is the reason I'm breaking my babies clavicles and I'm so upset by it all. I find out that her blood type is a mixture of her dad's and mine which aren't compatible types so she has jaundice. We had to go back to the hospital the same day we were released because she needed light therapy to draw the jaundice out of her system. I was an emotional wreck but thank God my baby is alive and well and has no lasting effects of any of it. Reiganna's also tall, a bit meatier than her big sister and if she and her father don't look like twins my gosh! I lost that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact