THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES




In the fashion world, new styles, clothes and trends are showcased months prior to the actual season. For example, Mercedes Benz Fashion Week this past February focused on fall 2010 pieces and the upcoming MBFW in September will focus on Spring/Summer 2011 apparel. These shows serve as great insight for Stylists like me, magazine editors and anyone else who needs to stay ahead of the game for personal or professional reasons.

HOWEVER, I must admit that at times it is hard for me to focus on say, spring/summer clothing when I’m layered in Ugg boots and a down coat. Or, if I’m sitting on the runway at a show wearing tights, shoe boots, a sweater dress and over coat. My point is, it’s sometime difficult for me to envision the upcoming season of trends 3-4 months ahead of time! And it may be the case for some of you!

Well, this weekend, South Jersey had a breakthrough of some great weather. The sun was shining, the skies were clear and the temperature reached a high of 75! Alas ladies, spring is here! And now that I’ve truly accepted that, I can better appreciate the trends of the season!

One of my favorite trends and a highly recognized one amongst fashion insiders is Camouflage! I’m talking camouflage pants, tops, shorts and skirts. I love it to death! This rugged, army fatigue normally is placed on cargo shorts and gets paired with a t-shirt and timberland boots. NOT THIS SPRING! In other words, don’t be surprised if you see someone in a camo skirt or dress with some rocking heels, and instead of “smirking,” you find yourselves “smiling in admiration!”

Please refer to the websites and pictures below for camo inspired trends for Spring 2010. And see how not only these designers, but celebs as well have taken camo to edgy, sexy heights! And please don’t hesitate to email me directly at jadarenee3@yahoo.com for more camo inspired ideas!

Juicy Couture (visit www.shopbop.com)

Balmain (visit www.style.com)!


Always in Fashion Fun Ladies,

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact