THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES

Fashion with the Stars?


The highly anticipated new season of Dancing with the Stars just hit TV last week, but I’m not so sure that all of the costumes were a hit! Let’s face it. going on television is already a set up because it adds 10 plus pounds to the body. I never really believed that until the day I was doing an interview on a local news channel. I wore a cream sleeveless top that I thought was stunning and complimented my tone arms. Boy was I wrong! When I saw the footage later that day, I mistook my toned arms for some large baseball bats that would have given Popeye The Sailor a run for his money! Not good. My lesson learned, COVER UP THE ARMS ON TV!


As you get to know me over the weeks to come, you’ll notice that I have a very big opinion on clothes and colors matching ones tone and shape. In other wards, denim leggings were NOT made for everyone, and Lord, wearing flats and skinny jeans, and your shoe size is a 12, so not for everyone---but that’s for another day.

Right now my concern is how one chooses a costume for a show like Dancing with the Stars that WILL compliment their shape. Granted, many may be able to wear anything b/c they’re genetically blessed. But not all of them.

For example, Niecy Nash, who is a hilarious comedian and spunky TV host. Niecy normally dresses like she knows her body type and what works for it. But after seeing her in what looked like gold, shiny, colored gift wrap (and matching flower), I’m scratching my head. I think she could have selected something more flattering for live TV. What do you all think? I’m not jus picking on her, I’ll have more after Tuesday’s show. And on “Body Types.”

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact