THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES

Giving Back, Are Pennies Enough?


If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m complaining, I mean blogging regarding non for profit, giving back, and just in general helping others. Sure most of you have this pre conceive notion that your giving is up to par as far as you are concerned but I beg to differ on behave of the many homeless, orphans, abused, and single mothers of the world!

Honestly, does the notion of you handing the homeless man your spare change as you rush by fulfill you? Or putting a few extra dollars in the collect plate at church do it for you? But my favorite is the rich athletes, entertainers, and corporate Americans that can’t wait until Thanks giving and Christmas to strut their stuff by buying a few turkeys and handing out toys! Boy I know they feel good as the pull away in their Bentley and pass the kid they just gave the toys to standing at the bus stop hold their bag like it has a million dollars in it, and might I add, in 20 degree weather!

So I challenge you today to dig deep. Really think about how you are contributing to the world? Does your giving back match your blessing? Are you a living example to your children and those around you in the area of giving? Again if your answer is yes, then stick around and keep reading what I have to say, and those who cannot answer with yes, I’m 100% sure that I change your heart and mind on the issue.

Talk to you tomorrow God Willing!

Chanita

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact