THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES

Just Because




You know the saying, "You are what you eat?" Well how about asking yourself, "Do I dress according to my surrounding or do I dress to impress regardless?” I had to ask myself that question this week. 80% of my profession is done from my home in South Jersey. I have gradually gone from immediately showering after my work out and changing into a cute outfit, to conducting business calls, preparing client outfits and coordinating for fashion shows in my work out gear! Yuck Right!!

While some may be ok with that, I find it unacceptable! Never mind the fact that I’m a Fashion Stylist and should not need to GET READY, but should always BE READY! How about I simply should take more pride in my day to day attire------even if that means chasing around my 4 year old in 3 inch heels (ok, that may be pushing it). But do you get my point? I mean come on, I’ve been with my husband for over 15 years, but even he mentioned that he’d appreciate if I dressed at home the way I did when I was going out. Ouch!

My fall back, excuse is that I’m in South Jersey!! I can throw on some Uggs, jeans and a cute Butter Super Soft Hoodie and be a fashion statement! *Was that harsh? When I look back on my day-to-day attire in Atlanta and LA, I was constantly wearing heels, cute jeans, fitted jackets, lovely blouses and nice dresses. Lord and when I need to be in NY, even simply for showroom appointments, it’s like GAME ON!!!

Therefore, I’m going to challenge myself and everyone else. To step up your day to day fashion game! Shower after working out in the morning! Get dressed in some causal, chic attire or if you’re really feeling good, throw on a dress and heels! Give your husband and/or significant other a reason to do a double take when he comes in! Give your children a reason to look you up in down with pride when you pick them up from school! And most importantly, give yourself an excuse to start wearing and ALL the clothes that you constantly think you have to “SAVE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION.”

Till the next jean size (DOWN) ladies,

Renee

Oh yeah and check out the examples below for quick, effortless, yet extremely stylish dressing. And if you see any pieces you like or simply want to hit me up on email with questions, please do so at jadarenee@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact