THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES

Shop Til You Drop!

I grew up borrowing clothes from family and friends, looking forward to the free handouts from the Salvation Army where my mom worked and even tearing out pictures from the fashion magazines like Sears, JC Penny’s and Hudsons (give me a break, I’m from the inner city of Detroit, those places were HIGH fashion to me). I was always hoping, wishing and dreaming that one day, I’d have those sought after shoes or that vintage handbag that wasn’t seen anywhere!

And look at me now! I walk into the best NY showrooms and order items that aren’t event in stores yet. I attend several fashion shows during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and simply point and select what I’m going to order and even better, I get selected pieces packed, shipped off and delivered to THE CLOSET!! I HAVE TOTALLY ARRIVED!

Ok, ok, ok, maybe not quite, BUT I do get to live vicariously through my career as a Professional Fashion Stylist for my company, JadaRenee. So what if the money I spend at the showrooms and stores are for my clients, so what if the clothes I now borrow are on loan for a client and SO WHAT if the items delivered are into the closet of CLIENTS and not MINE (well, sometimes). I still consider myself a TRUE BLOOD FASHION EXPERT!

I’m thankful that SET Magazine entrusts me and my 20 year career in the fashion business (I count those years of borrowing and tearing out pictures of clothes as an extended internship) to deliver informative, honest, candid, enlightening and most importantly FASHION FORWARD Blogs on a daily basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact