THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES

Pregnancy Changes Things Huh?


I was on an emotional roller coaster the entire pregnancy. My then boyfriend and I had issues to say the least. I guess when he was working to get and keep me he didn't realize the magnitude of his actions. Sure he asked me to have his baby and I agreed mostly because I was in a place where I felt like nothing was promised and I had nothing to loose. Especially since I had just lost my mother the year before but also because I was head over heels in love and just wanted to be happy then reality set it. All of the drama and changes that came along with our choice were so real! I hadn't put much thought into my job which had so many opportunities to become so much more in my near future. He hadn't thought about his family and friends who now all looked at me as a gold digger because I was pregnant for this athlete who had been my friend for 6 months before we did anything. Sure we moved pretty fast after that point but I really thought he loved me, felt very safe with him and he had become one of my best friends. He knew everything about me, my past relationships, my mothers life and death and how I felt about family. I however knew his heart but had no knowledge of his true thoughts in reference to us and our relationship. He really didn't feel like it was a sin to lie to me about his actions and do him as long as I wasn't hurt by them because I didn't know about them. So while I had a key to his house and slept there damn near every night outside of his road trip time he still managed to be very free when he wasn't with me. I was a fool to say the least. It wasn't until I had to choose between him and my job that I really felt trapped and just lost. I had been used to working and maintaining my own. Had held at least one job since I was in middle school and sometimes two. Man I was going crazy! What I had gotten myself into, only time would tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact