THE SET BLOGGERS


Chanita Foster: Charity

Patrice Nicole Curry: Family

Terricka Cason: Weddings

Ranita Reese: Fashion




PREVIOUS POSTS









PREVIEW THIS ISSUE



About \ Contact

HOME \ SET TV \ PREVIEW MAG \ BLOG & GALLERIES

Where's The Love?

I just turned 31 in March this year and I have to say it was one of the most hurtful birthdays I've endured. I was sad for a number of reasons really. I was missing my mommy. My kids are so smart and so hard headed that they were stressing me out. It didn't help that my husband and I were not speaking mainly because I think he makes some very selfish decisions when it comes to our quality time together, but he still expects so much from me regardless. He was going on a 7 day road trip on my birthday and had a game the night before that I didn't attend because he wasn't playing. After the game he decided to go hang with an old team mate even though he was leaving the next afternoon for 7 days. Yes we had made plans meet up for the last 4 days of the trip but I was still hurt by his choice to go hang. So I decided that I wouldn't even entertain his apologies because I didn't feel they were genuine. I mean I understand a man needs his male time but a pregnant woman needs to feel loved, respected and appreciated. I may be super mom and woman but I still want to be made to feel special. Sometimes I have to remind him that I'm human. He thinks that being home everyday is enough but it's not. Especially when his friend is over chilling damn near every night! Why doesn't he get it? I need and want it all; love, affection, quality time, and not just an expensive gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment





All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2010 SET Magazine, SET.TV, SET-MAGAZINE.com - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Contact